Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dip Dyed Fabric Garland - Uncommon Designs

I don't normally like working with tie-dye, but after reading this tutorial for a dip-dyed fabric garland and seeing the end product, I'm a little in love. 

 Trish and Bonnie at Uncommon Designs opened up a Tulip tie-dye kit, and using a gauzy white scarf, dip dyed it in blue to create an ombre look.

To create the actual garland, here's what they used:

A few ties and snips later, and oila! 
Doesn't it look great? I know you want to make one. Or just steal this one, since it's so perfect. :)
For the full tutorial, see Uncommon Design's post here.

Thanks for letting me feature it, Trish and Bonnie!

Aloha, Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just nominated you for the Liebster Award...check your email!

    ReplyDelete